One of the things I've missed most since beginning my vegan venture is yogurt. I love yogurt. I have loved yogurt since I was a little kid and my mom would buy the kind that had the fruit on the bottom, my sister and I would make great productions of turning it over into our bowl so the fruit would come out on top. We even racked up a few yogurt food fights under our belts. She may have won, but I'm not confirming that. Anyway, I had tried many of the dairy free yogurts available to me. As I've said previously, I live in a small area so my options aren't always large. I had tried the soy yogurts, and although I could tolerate the Silk brand, it still had that taste that's hard to identify other than knowing I don't like it. A few months ago my local natural food co-op in Tallahassee had the SoDelicious brand coconut milk yogurt, but I found that very sweet. Yesterday while shopping there, (btw the name of the co-op is New Leaf Market and is located in Tallahassee Florida, if you live in the area, be sure to visit them, you won't be disappointed), I found SoDelicious Almond Milk Yogurt. I was pretty thrilled since I love almond milk and was looking forward to sampling the yogurt. Wow, it's so fantastic. It's greek style, so very thick and creamy. I tried the blueberry and vanilla flavors, and neither let me down. If you've been missing yogurt you should definitely try this. I'm not being compensated in any way for this endorsement, just trying to bring the things I love to others. You can see how much I loved it by the scraped clean container in the picture below:
It's a little pricey at $1.89 a container, but I'm willing to scrimp on something else to have a couple of these a week. I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can make another trip to New Leaf Market to add a few more. For now, I'm one happy yogurt lover.
No comments:
Post a Comment