My day was quite hectic and full yesterday. After a breakfast that consisted of pineapple and blueberries (plus a slice of french toast for the 2 year old, Millie and I headed into town in the morning to run a few errands. She was acting a bit out of sorts, so I should have been forewarned, but somehow was unaware of the day that was about to unfold. The first clue was at the cable company as I tried to figure out A.) why my bill was $50 higher than ever, and B.) why I couldn't seem to get a digital box sent to me for my third tv (4 calls to the company, with 4 assurances that it would get right in the mail, didn't get me one). Millie was really clingy in there and fussy, not her usual happy self. After the very lovely lady fixed all my problems, including refunding and $8.50 charge I had been overpaying for the last 9 months, ($76.50 credit? yes please), and giving me the digital adapter I needed, we headed out to WalMart. Have I mentioned I hate WalMart? Well, I do, but it's a necessary evil in my area where the options are very very few. We stopped in Subway for some lunch and as I settled in for my yummy Veggie Delite Sandwich, I noticed Millie's eye was red and a bit weepy. I called her mommy and left a message to call back so I could see if she had poked it or what was up, and we ate our lunch. Next up, WalMart Shopping. My list wasn't so long, just a few things from different departments, I promised my grandson pizza for his end of school dinner, and needed some personal items, wanted to pick up pool toys for the kids and a couple other things. Millie was really acting up, which is very unusual, she's generally good as gold in the store. By the time her mom called back, while we were looking at new potty chairs, her eye issue had increased and I knew by then it was the dreaded Pinkeye. Great. In my haste to get out of the store at that point, I stopped really concentrating on what was being put into the shopping cart. NEVER a good idea. Head to the checkout. OH MY GALOSHES!!! $284 dollars later, honestly I still don't know how that happened. Moral of this story? If impending doom seems to be happening, (i.e. cranky 2 year old, puffy, leaky, red eye, and increasing frustration and headache?) just leave the store, leave the cart, make your escape and get out while you can, because nothing good can come of it. As we left the store and headed to the truck, it started sprinkling, and Millie, wiping the raindrops off her arm, looked up at me with her one adorable eye, and one red monster eye, and said "uh, oh". "Uh oh is right sweetie pie", let's get home. Half way home, the downpour started, the lightening began and with it the soul shaking thunder. Great. I decided to get to the school and pickup my grandson and just get home. The downed tree across the road wasn't going to stop me from my mission, and we finally arrived home. An hour later, everything put away, snacks handed out, toddler eye wiped numerous times, I finally settled down to put a warm compress over her eye and realized it was now BOTH eyes. The day was getting better. She was getting naughtier, although her brother was on his best behavior, and we started making pizza. Dinner done, table ready, sit down to enjoy, Millie decides to show a new trick, take a drink, hold it in her mouth and see if she can spit it out, really far. Yep, she can. After 3 times of being told to stop, her cup was taken away. Dinner finished, kids and kitchen cleaned up, settle down to relax. Yeah....right. A demon took over that darling little toddler's body and she proceeded to go crazy. My grandson came into the back room where I was straightening up, "Grammy you better come out here, Millie's sitting on top of the table". Indeed that's where she was, sitting on top of the dining table. Take her down, tell her no, she runs to the tv, grabs the Wii sensor bar and runs off with it. Take it from her, tell her no, she opens the entertainment center door and slams it closed. All right missy, that's it for you. Timeout. It was her first ever. Here she is:

Finally, mommy came home, kids left, grammy sat in perfect silence trying to recover. What a day. On a much happier note, it was my grandson's last day of first grade, he is now officially a Second Grader. It's amazing to me how much he's grown and learned this year.
And here are some pictures of my food today, no picture of the veggie sub, I was too preoccupied with the Toddler Terror.
A beautiful bowl of fresh pineapple and blueberries. So delicious and light.
Whole wheat crust, simple marinara with basil, homemade vegan pepperoni (recipe from Vegan on the Cheap), red onion, green pepper, Daiya cheese and sprinkled with red pepper flakes.
Let's hope today goes a whole lot easier than yesterday did. Finger crossed.....okay, toes too.
No comments:
Post a Comment