Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wonderful Wednesdays...

Ok, so realistically, there's nothing especially wonderful about Wednesday, it's kind of like the middle child, slightly forgotten, everyone know's it's there, but ehhhh nothing special. Unless of course you make it special. Part of my ongoing self renewal, self awareness, path, I try to find things to be grateful for everyday, as well as things that renew my soul. Today I have plenty of little things, nothing big, but as they say, the little things add up and make me realize what a good life I have. I had to go to the grocery store today, I do the bulk of my shopping at Publix about 50 miles away. I like them because of the great deals and the large availability of vegan items. I had little Millie this morning so off we went, halfway down one of the aisles she was trying to hop out of the cart and I told her she couldn't jump out, but asked what she wanted, she pointed to the shelf displaying tiny muffins, "Cookie" she plead. Instead of the nice relatively clean muffin, Papa gave her a sugar dusted mini donut. As many of you know, that leads to big big messes. It did put a smile on my face though as she stuffed the last half in and smiled and said, "cookie". I love a 2 year old. So darn cute. The great savings I got on many things I needed put the next smile on my face. The only part of the trip today put  a frown on my face was when I wanted an Iced Coffee, apparently there isn't one darn place that makes it with non dairy milk. WTF mates? I really wanted that. We made the trip back home and got everything put away, watched a little Barney, and then I asked her if she was sleepy, she jumped up and went to her bed, no fuss at all. Another smile on my face. I sat down to some peaceful time and a bowl full of beautiful watermelon, one of my favorite things on earth....another smile.



The beautiful bowl full of tomatoes picked from my garden sent the next smile.
I think I'll make a tomato salad to go with dinner tonight. Now I just have to figure out what's for dinner....some days that can be a problem, I would be happy with something very light, (it's in the mid 90's again), but my grandson will want something else, so I either have to make 2 separate meals, or combine the different preferences. I'll let you know how that turns out.

So, all in all, although it's only 2p.m., I have already found so many things to be grateful for, and so many things that make me smile. I'm truly blessed. Now if I could only get Dunkin Donuts to make me a fat free non dairy Iced Coffee, this truly would have been a Wildly Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment