So here's how my day went. After starting with coffee, I did my garden work (just picking really), had some breakfast consisting of a bowl of pineapple and a Green Smoothie (lots of antioxidants and protein), worked on a few work reports (have to pay the bills somehow). Early afternoon found me in the kitchen whipping up a batch of Smoky Chickpeas (recipe courtesy of Robin Robertson and can be found here (http://veganplanet.blogspot.com/) and a Mushroom and Chickpea loaf (meatloaf style), which I slice and use in sandwiches during the week when things get busy. After I got those 2 cooking items out of the way I picked some assorted lettuce and whipped up a yummy salad. It consisted of the lettuce, cucumbers, yellow and orange bell peppers, banana pepper, Greek olives and the Smoky Chickpeas, and topped with a simple vinaigrette.
Lunchtime Garden Salad with Smoky Chickpeas
Smoky Chickpeas...these things are addictive.
The rest of my day was spent working, picking up my grandson from school, shuttling him to his T-Ball game (which ended up being rained out), and then back home again to get dinner ready. Tonight's dinner was of course culled mainly from the garden. I sauteed zucchini, eggplant, peppers, onion and tomatoes with a little olive oil, added fresh parsley, oregano and basil, a large pinch of red pepper flakes and a bit of salt and pepper and served it over whole wheat penne. It was outstanding. I love dinner from the garden, it really doesn't get much more local than that.
Well, that's how my day progressed. Another few steps in my vegan journey, and they have been magnificent.
No comments:
Post a Comment