Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hit and Run...

I'm pretty sure there is a very large truck out there somewhere with bits of me all over it's tires. It has to be what hit me and then kept running back over me, because only that could have left me feeling as lousy as I did the last week. Fortunately, I believe I am on the mend. I can actually breathe out of my nose and mouth again, my lungs don't feel as though they are being squeezed in a vise and I'm not coughing up said lungs. Yay!!! Seriously folks, I'm not sure what kind of virus it was, but it hit every part of me and really played havoc with my asthma. But....I'm baaaaaack. My meals over the last week consisted of whatever I could easily grab, lots of fruit, cereal, etc...nothing to write home (or blog) about. What do you eat when you are feeling sick? For me I often want spicy comfort type food when it's a cold. When I was on about the second day of feeling sick I threw together some things in my slow cooker and it turned out delicious eaten over brown rice. Basically it was spicy lentils and chickpeas in a tomato broth, lots of Indian type spices. It really hit the spot when my head was very congested. Now that I'm feeling a bit better I need to tend to all the things I've neglected in the last week. Any one who's in charge of a household understands that. The other news to report is on my garden. Gosh I really love my garden. Makes you want to vomit right? Sorry I go on and on but for years I wanted a beautiful vegetable garden and now I have one and I take such joy from it. Anyway, on to the news, just before I started feeling ill I had pulled up all the potato plants and then the green bean plants, which had come to their natural end, and planted butterbeans. Well, they are up and starting to grow. We also pulled up the squash and put in sweet potato, I'm not sure if they'll grow, it may already be too hot here for them, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If you have a garden I hope you get as much happiness from it as I do. If not, I hope you find something today that makes you smile. Hope it's a great one...

No comments:

Post a Comment