Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Virgin Post

It's Sunday May 6, 2012 and this is my very first post. I've recently made the decision to jump wholeheartedly into veganism. I came to this decision for many reasons, the main one being health and the secondary being an ongoing inner debate about conscious eating. I've been a vegetarian for 6 years and have dabbled with being vegan, always falling off the wagon, so to speak, when it comes to cheese. The time for playing is over. I'm 47 years old and lost both my parents before they reached the age of 55, and a brother at the age of 39. All to diseases that could have been prevented through diet. There is no cheese good enough to make me want to die in the next 8 years, which is what I figure my life span will be if I don't get serious about things. Here are the roadblocks to my getting my health in order...the aforementioned cheese issue, and my love for baking. I LOVE TO BAKE, and I'm good at it. So I need to be able to satisfy my love for baking and still maintain a healthy existence. This is a tough one. I am hoping that blogging when the going gets tough will help me maintain  my new healthier eating lifestyle. I need to do it, I currently take 4 medications for my blood pressure and need to lose weight. So here we go, day one starts tomorrow morning. I hope you'll join me on this journey and speak up whenever you feel like it. I'll be talking about everyday life, food, my garden, challenges etc. Here's to life, let's make it a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment